Download Free of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form 1 PDF by using the Direct download link from rbidocs.rbi.org.in is given below.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form 1 PDF Download Link
|Name||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form 1|
Click Here to Download the PDF
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a government-backed savings scheme as part of the “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana” for the benefit of the girl child. It can be opened by the parents of a girl child below the age of 10. A Sukanya Samriddhi Account has a tenure of 21 years or until the girl child marries after the age of 18. From April 2020, this scheme offers an interest rate of 7.6% compounded annually.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rates 2021
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana ( सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना ) interest rate is decided by the government and is revised quarterly. The following are the historic interest rates of this government scheme for the girl child:
|Time Period||Interest Rate (%)|
|April 2020 to March 2021||7.6|
|January to March 2020||8.4|
|July to Dec 2019||8.4|
|Apr to June 2019||8.5|
|Jan to March 2019||8.5|
|Oct to Dec 2018||8.5|
|July to Sep 2018||8.1|
|Apr to June 2018||8.1|
|Jan to March 2018||8.1|
|Oct to Dec 2017||8.3|
|July to Sep 2017||8.3|
|Apr to June 2017||8.4|
Eligibility for SSY Account
The following are the key eligibility criteria for opening an SSY Account as part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana:
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened only in the name of the girl child by her parents or legal guardians
- The girl child has to be below the age of 10 at the time of account opening
- Multiple Sukanya Samridhhi accounts cannot be opened for a single girl child
- Only two SSY accounts are allowed for a family i.e. one for each girl child
How to fill SSY Application Form
The SSY Application Form requires applicants to provide some key data regarding the girl child in whose name the investment will be made under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana. Details of the parent/guardian who will be opening the account/making deposits on her behalf are also required. The following are the key fields that are featured in the SSY Application Form:
- Name of Girl Child (Primary Account Holder)
- Name of Parent/Guardian opening the account (Joint Holder)
- Initial deposit amount
- Cheque/DD Number and Date (used for an initial deposit)
- Date of Birth of girl child
- Birth Certificate details of primary account holder (Certificate number, date of issue, etc.)
- ID Details of Parent/Guardian (Driving License, Aadhaar, etc.)
- Present and Permanent Address (as per ID document of parent/guardian)
- Details of any other KYC Documents (PAN, Voter ID card, etc.)
Once the above details have been filled out, the form needs to be signed and submitted with the account opening authority (Post office/Bank Branch) along with copies of all applicable documents.
Benefits of Investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana( सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना ) introduced as part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana initiative, provides investors with a range of benefits. Some of the key benefits of this scheme for the benefit of the girl child are as follows:
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened for more than two girls in some special cases which are-
- If a girl child is born after the birth of twin or triplet girls, third SSY account cannot be opened
- If a girl child is born before the birth of twin or triplet girls, or triplets are born at first then a third account can be opened
- Provides tax deduction benefits under Section 80C up to Rs. 1.5 lakh annually
- Flexible investment option with a minimum deposit of Rs. 250 in a year (max. Rs. 1.5 lakh per annum)
- Guaranteed returns instrument backed by the Government of India (sovereign guarantee)
- A higher fixed rate of return (currently 7.6% per annum for Q1 FY 2020-21) as compared to other government-backed tax saving schemes such as PPF
- Long term investment hence provides the benefit of compounding
- Can be freely transferred from one part of the country to another (bank/post office) in case of transfer of parent/guardian operating the Sukanya Samriddhi Account
If the download link of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form 1 PDF is not working or you are feeling any other issue with it, then please report it by choosing If the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form is a copyrighted material which we will not supply its PDF or any source for downloading at any cost.
Alternate Links for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form 1 PDF
You can also visit the official / source website to download the PDF from following links:
FAQs on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Application Form 1
Can I take a loan against the balance in the SSY account?
No. The facility of loan against SSY account balance is not currently available. You can avail the option of loan against PPF instead.
What is the penalty if I miss my SSY account minimum annual payment?
There will be a penalty of Rs.50 if the minimum amount of Rs. 250 is not deposited in the account during a financial year.
Is there tax on SSY account interest?
No. SSY is a completely exempt (EEE) investment hence the principal amount invested, the interest earned as well as the maturity amount are all tax-exempt.